Cybersecurity is one of the key requirements today for cloud systems. Document management software must ensure that documents and information can be exchanged safely over the Internet and, in turn, that they can be stored in the cloud without any danger. This has led to different audits appearing and demanding, for example, SOC 2 Type 2 (System Organization Control) certification.
What is SOC?
The SOC was developed by the American Institute AICPA. Ensures customer data is protected from unauthorized access and cyber threats. DocuWare already had SOC 2 Type 1. They passed an even more rigorous Type 2 audit that measures continued compliance. They were audited by the independent company CohnReznick. It has been evaluated:
- Security: The protection of data and systems against unauthorized access.
- Availability: Evaluation of network performance levels, monitoring and possible external threats.
- Processing Integrity: Systems are guaranteed to work as intended and not suffer from accidental or unexplained errors.
- Confidentiality: Ability to protect information throughout its life cycle. This includes capture, processing, retention and destruction.
- Privacy: The organization’s ability to protect information against identification and access by unauthorized personnel is ensured.
This audit included an in-depth review of DocuWare’s policies and procedures on data handling. Plus, rigorous testing of your security controls, employee interviews, and description of data center operations.
What guarantees an audit for the System Organization Control (SOC)?
This control has become necessary when it is intended to comply with national and international regulations. They are also included in an indispensable way today in some labor sectors. In this sense, DocuWare is continuously subjected to audits that evaluate and corroborate the quality of the service. They are an important part of medium or large companies that have many workers who work simultaneously on the same work documents.
On the other hand, there is a large percentage of the population that has switched to what is known as telecommuting. This system makes offices share space with homes. In this modality, employers cannot control employees directly and constantly. Therefore, it becomes safer to have Guaranteed control systems that restrict access and create a history of it to avoid possible problems. Also, since everything is registered, it avoids unnecessary blame on the workers. For this reason, document management software is the best way to offer cloud connections to all the personnel who need it, in a safe, fast, comfortable and reliable way.